Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My First Day in Med School !!!


Well...once again a big hai to everyone.....

I guess this blog would be interesting for non medical people who really dont know wats happening in a medical college....

I wish to share my first day experience of my college... After a long struggle of my parents and myself, finally i joined medicine in a well reputed college in chennai... I was soo excited to do medicine for many reasons...

Finally the day arrived..it was July 6th 2005, the unforgettable day in my life.... i was soo excited, tensed, nervous, happy....a kind of mixed feeling....

All my dear and near ones wished me and i sincerely prayed to God saying "God, u know wat s gud and wat s bad for me..so do accordingly and i dont want to ask u anything becos u know wat to do for me"...then started to college..

My dad dropped me in the college and looking at my tensed face he came with me till the classroom..(like a dad dropping a kindergarden kid to the first day of school)....he wished and he left....

Looking at the big campus...hitech classrooms....new faces....big books....medical terms....OH MY GOD ... i felt like being in a new world for few minutes....

Then the classroom was opened and finally people started coming...i entered the classroom with full thoughts in my mind like "i need to become a noble doctor, should be truthfull to my profession, shud do services for theneedy, shud fulfill my parents dream, shud become like a dooctor who has inspired me in many aspects of my life...etc etc etc.....then finally i got a place in the 3rd row with 3 gals who was already seated.....I could see a mixture of people entering the class...like tall, short, innocent,Hi Fy, studious, dull, happy, etc etc....but most of them had a similarity in them...its nothing but they all belong to a very very rich family and i was little hesitant to talk to those people but dunno why did i get such thoughts.... very few ppl were from moderate families like me....

Some boys were really huge like body builders and obese patients...i looked very tiny to them...

That was the first time in my life i joined in a co-education...so was a bit nervous about that also...

Then finally the Professor entered the class and we all got up like school kids...but that was last time we gave respect to our professors....he he he..

They started giving lectures like its a noble profession, u should be committed to this profession bla bla bla... for our surprise they started taking class on the first day.... I started taking notes very sincerely and continued doing that till now...it was very new to me as they giving lecture with powerpoint slides....it was very amazing to sit and listen to those hitech lectures...and was actually little sleepy on the first day of college itself as there were six split ACs in the clas and was very cold...

All big complicated new medical terms and my head was rotating for few minutes....They projected 2 full slides of some dancing words which apparently turned to be our books to be followed for that year....i was stunned...Then the class got over...then we went to our canteen as a group with full tension on our face as how are seniors going to be....everyone knows about medical college ragging....as soon as we entered the canteen everyone gave us a weird look...we dunno from which side whose gonna call and ask us to do things like singing,dancing,swimming without water, kissing the cadavers, dancing with the skeleton..etc etc...i was sooo scared of wat s gonna happen to me.....v ordered our food and i was literally sitting on the edge of the chair...nothing went into my mouth except one spoon of rice...i kept masticating till the end of my break time looking around me with my head down...in the mean while some of our seniors called few guys and gals from my clas and started ragging... then finally i was called by our senior gals... i was in full tension and started sweating then finally i went near them but they were sweet and asked to tell about myself and leave...words were dancing in my mouth and finally i managaed to talk to them and left that place in few minutes...
Then again we had a lecture class...asusual they started the class by introducing us to them...this actually happened for 2-3days...my professor started taking class and me like a gud gal was taking notes...once the class was over, the Professor told us "tomorrow everyone have ur lunch and come for afternoon class"....i was like, oh my god will they tell all this to college students like hav ur lunch, wash ur hands..bla bla...Then he continued telling that tomorrow is going to be the start of your adventurous journey....we were all wondering wats gonna happen...Finally he told us tomorrow you guys are gonna have anatomy practicals and you need to work with the cadavers...I seriously first thought cadaver was a kind of instrument and was like why is he giving such a build up for instruments....
Then he continued..cadavers s the other name for dead body...we were all shocked for few secs but we already know that we will be working with cadavers ..we got shocked because we didnt except them to show it to us the very 2nd day of our college...
I actually didnt get scared but was very thrilled to see a dead body alias cadaver...but people around scared us telling u wont get sleep the whole nite, u'l get nite mares, u wont like to eat, u'l hav a bad smell..bla bla....
I was little scared and very excited for the next day's practical...Then the class got over and we all left....
That day evening i was soo thrilled and went to get all my books, dissection kit,gloves,etc etc and was ready to go to college the next day...
So i wish this blog was interesting for you guys to read......this s how my career started...

Hav a gr8 day....
Take Care :-)

No comments: