Monday, April 2, 2012

A Tiny swimming

For the past few days I have been watching a small girl in my swimming class. She is one of the cutest kids I have seen till now. I was always excited to watch her whenever I go for my swimming class. For no reason I didn’t try talking to her or tried to make friendship with her but watched from a distance. She must be around 4 years old. I don’t even know her name, so let me call her as Sweety for this blog. She will be very small. Her height will be approximately reaching my hip. Her hands and feet were soo tiny, I just feel embracing her with my arms. But I was not able to watch her activities for a long time as I had my own lessons to learn.

After a while, I decided to watch my Sweety’s activity for sometime. That was a quite sunny day, I entered my gym, went to the changing room and prepared myself to get into the pool. Eagerly I was watching the entrance of the pool for the tiny girl, but she didn’t turn up till then. So I decided to swim for sometime till she comes. Few minutes from then, there comes a little cute girl with even more tiny beach dress which was blue in colour with yellow, red, pink flowers. It was above her knee, with upper back open and a cute yellow knot around her neck. She looked awesome in that dress. She had a mushroom cut which was the highlight to her face. Her ears carried a cute teddy earring which was apt for her. Then by holding her mom’s hands, with all excitement she went into the changing room and came out with her pleasant blue swimsuit, blue head cover and blue goggles. I assumed that her favourite colour must be blue.

On observing her I could find that she was least interested in learning swimming but very much interested in playing in the pool. On her first day into the pool, the instructor left her free to get used to the water level in the kids pool. She was extremely happy in the pool, by running, splashing the water, hitting the water and I guess she must have loved the water colour as it was also blue. I could see the divine of happiness in her face, with innocent laughs. At that point of time, all she knows is happiness, happiness n happiness only. She has no worries about how her life going to be in future as a girl, her carrier, tortures and happiness in her life. I wish she enjoys her life like this till the end which most of us are not able to get it because of people surrounding us waiting to spoil our happiness without any reason. Oops sorry for diverting. Let’s get back into the kids pool. On second day, instructor started her training session. There comes the frown in Sweety’s face. She was soo scared to swim. The first step was to put the head down into the water which she totally hates to do till today. The instructor and her mother will be sitting on the stone bench near the pool and will keep motivating her to swim but she was very scared of drowning into the pool. I was astonished to see her mom with soo much enthusiasm, she keeps supporting her, scolding her and somehow makes her legs and hands move in the water. All I can see in her eyes is, she wants to feel proud of her daughter as she swims from one end of the pool to the other. The instructor tried her level best to put her head into the pool, but Sweety was not cooperating for it at any cost. The way she puts her goggles on her eyes with those tiny fingers was such a pleasant scene to watch. Outside the pool without water she swings her hands very well but into the water her fear is stopping her from moving her legs and hands in a free motion. When she gets deep into the water, she flutters her legs and hands to come out of the water. It resembled like a small sparrow struggling in water for its life. The instructor used to get into the pool after a while and take Sweety to the adults pool to get her out of the fear. Sweety is soo clever, the moment she sees the instructor getting into the changing room, she creates a big screaming drama with her cute voice and wipes of her tears every second and pleads her mom to get back home. Then as soon as the instructor comes out with her swimsuit costume, she will pull her mom to the dressing room to go to restroom. She comes out after a big struggle and then her mom will literally push her into the pool and the instructor will catch her. When the class for the day is over, her mom will be drenched more than Sweety. Her mom used to swim outside the pool to make her daughter to swim.

As I was watching this kid, personally I felt that she was very small and immature, physically and mentally to go for swimming. At this age, she would love to enjoy in water as her mind wishes, rather than listening to a instructor and do accordingly. Anyways as she grows up as a girl in our society, she would become a puppet in many people hands in different stages of her life if her fate is bad and have to dance according to their wishes without even having time to think what she wants to do in her life. Hope her life doesn’t go like a puppet. I wish her success in her life and live it upto her wish and expectations.

No comments: